JX to AGG Conversion

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Spailpin Fanach
80-90 Mem No: 17276

JX to AGG Conversion

Post by Spailpin Fanach »

Hi all

I'm having a lot of hassle with my insurance company who refused to countenance any upgrade or conversion to my 1989 1.6TD JX T25 Westy. They insist on a replacement JX engine. I don't want this. I want an AGG replacement one or something very similar.

Following a flurry of email exchanges they are now shifting their position. They have asked for information about the exchange to pass to their panel of engineers. 

Could anyone point me to an authoritive source outlining the conversion from JX to AGG I can pass on to them? I had a look on here but can't seem to find anything. I also tried the Facebook T25 GTI group and got some information there. 

By the way, I live in Ireland and the bus is my sole vehicle. I could get only 1 broker to cover me. They are underwritten by AXA. Although I'd rather chew on a lump of glass, I have to keep the buggers happy. 

Many thanks folks.
1989 LHD VW T3/Type25 (1999 1.9 GTi AGG Petrol conversion 2024) Westfalia California poptop, 5-speed. 

There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: JX to AGG Conversion

Post by silverbullet »

Paul at Vantopia might have some experience with modified van insurance in Eire?

You could also try phoning Classicline Insurance but because you are in Europe it could be outside of their remit.

Spailpin Fanach
80-90 Mem No: 17276

Re: JX to AGG Conversion

Post by Spailpin Fanach »

Thanks fot this. I'll get onto Paul
1989 LHD VW T3/Type25 (1999 1.9 GTi AGG Petrol conversion 2024) Westfalia California poptop, 5-speed. 

There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data