What have i got????

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jen
80-90 Mem No: 397

Post by jen »

I've got a RHD twin slider panel van Syncro, with a full height walkthrough bulkhead, that I converted to a camper. I tried two other interiors before I found the one I have now.
My interior is (we believe) made by a boat builder and came from a lhd high top van. In all the years I've been going to meets etc I've only ever seen 3, and at least one of those was scrapped - hence I bought the interior.

I've got the usual double bed with units running down the lhs of the van, but only as far forward as the slider. The rear has shelving and wardrobe, then top opening cupboards. The seating/bed at the lhs nearest the units folds up out of the way if wanted. If you then sit sideways on the remaining seat the sink is in the top of the unit to the left, with the cooker at the right (furthest forward). The fridge is sideways on under the cooker, facing the front of the van, hence it can vent out of the side behind the slider. There's an extra seat behind the driver that pulls out to a double and has storage under. I know pictures say a thousand words, but my camera escapes me just now.

The configuration allows me to not only use both sliders, but also my walkthrough, and I've never have thought of it had I not seen it - especially the fridge being forward-facing.

If you are going to use it for camping, it's well worth converting. Most of the interior will only screw into holes already there, the only major body difference will be your fridge vent. You won't find it comfortable to sleep in an uninsulated/unlined van except in autumn or late spring - trust me. Even a weekend Syncro meet will require you to sleep and drink warm beverages, and if you go to meets where there are other vehicles, the look on their face from the cramped car window or tent, while you are sat in the warm drinking coffee and wrapped in a duvet, is worth every moment......
If you are a playmobil person then your chances of drowning are significantly increased by wearing a life jacket.

Club 80-90 Member No.397 (& 2410).

mk2madman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by mk2madman »

Can i first say thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to reply. It's nice to get a few ideas and i appreciate all of your comments. (Even the wife ones!)

I'm gonna keep it at least over the winter. It's a slow but save drive to work in the winter accross country roads.

Everything sensible tells me to sell it to someone who will really appreciate it but i dont reckon i can do it! I'm appreciating it more and more and know by the summer there will be no chance.

I've waited ten years for this van and at least need a few months with it!!

Thanks again, I'm away until the new year but looks like i've got a great project to look forward to in the new year!

Cheers

Russel
80-90 Mem No: 1052

Post by Russel »

Ive scraped 2 twin slider carravele syncros and have another 2 in the yard.One of wich is very much inproved :lol: and will be at meets next year.
Russel

mk2madman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by mk2madman »

Airhead, thanks for the pointers, I'd like to see what the interior of yours looks like!!

Syncro G Its got a bulkhead as high as the back of the seats. Easy to climb over into the back!! I've heard of cabinets that attach to the van with metal rail things so the units can be removed, i'm thinking i could do this to the bulkhead.

jen I'm trying, but just can't picture the inside of your van! I apologise, i am "creatively challenged" but would really love to see the inside of yours. Put me out of my misery from trying to put it all in place in my mind!

HarryMann Stock take is soon actually! I dont work in the parts department but love coming into work on a Sunday just rooting through bits!! I've found some gems before and never looked for Syncro bit's so hopefully......!!!

peasant Firstly, i think your van is possibly the coolest thing i have ever seen. Uber cool! Anyways, thanks, for now i'm gonna hold onto it but will remember you when i come to sell it. Anything i will do to it will be reversable. I'm really intrigued about importing it to Germany!!!

Lloyd big thanks for all the help in the message!

syncropaddy I have thought about it but technically then the van would be half hers, too much of a risk!

thanks for all of your comments, they swayed my deision to keep it! you can't blame me now when i bombard the boards with questions!!

Alex